space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday: faux pas edition

I have yet again given in to my slovenly ways and opted to not take one picture this entire week, but that's okay because I know not one person wants to look at pajama shorts and husband's sweatshirts on as glorious a day as 
What I Wore Wednesday!
{am I right?? yes, yes I am!}

But my lack-o-documentation has led me to something I had WAY too much fun with, 
and that was to scour through my outrageously out of control archives and pick out my 
top 3 fashion
FAUX PAS!

Yes!
Are you ready for this?
Woohooo!

Undoubtedly #1 on the list:
 {dirt.y.}

I actually did this.
I went out in public FOR A SPECIAL EVENT after getting a SPRAY TAN
sans showering in between.
And what was this event, you ask?
MY TWENTY-FIRST BIRTHDAY!
Yes! 
I.DID.NOT.SHOWER.AFTER.THE.TANNING.SALON.ON.MY.TWENTY-FIRST.BIRTHDAY!
I thought I didn't have time, but CLEARLY, I should have MADE time!
Anyway, hilarious now, disgusting then.

Still on the list, this one comes in at #2:
 {it's back.}

I've spoken about this one before, but man, it's still in the top 3.
Every part of this outfit was wrong for the Champs de Elysee!
I've said it once, I'll say it again:
WE WERE THE WHITE TRASH OF THE TOURIST DEMOGRAPHIC FOR THAT DAY.
Yep, we were.
Where were my heels? Where was Chad's three piece suit? Where was our dignity?
Oh, yeah...back at the room. Still! No excuse!
{but the ridiculous looks we got, in conjunction with the disgusted smirk on our waiter's face for lunch that day, provided us with giggles to last quite some time!}

....AND #3 goes to:
{apparently, looking like an idiot is cool while in school.}

Okay.
While meandering through the old college photos, I found a plethora of these sorts of pictures:
HIDEOUS shades + GANGSTERish lip position.
What was this? And why did I feel the need to do it so often??
I literally have HUNDREDS of pictures just like this one!
All with my normal looking friends who are smiling like good ole' fashion folk.
What on earth was I doing?
I'm just going to chalk this up to my leadership capabilities and the fact that I prefer to blaze my own trail.
Yep......Yeah. 

Anyway, that was super fun!
So here's the deal: if you haven't taken a darn photo of yourself in over 7 days, rake through those archives! You will love yourself for it later, and you can show your husband/boyfriend what he was fortunate enough to not be around for! 
{unless you were married/dating during your faux pas moments, in which case, give him a big kiss and tell him just how much you appreciate his putting up with your ridiculous choices. Hi, Chad!}

Woohoo!

linking up here, as usual:
pleated poppy

7 comments:

  1. ha! all my WIWW post would be what not to wear considering i am a nanny and showering is not essential to watching childnre nor is make up or any other grooming. lord help us all. love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWAHAHAHAHA. This is my favorite WIWW post of the week, hands-down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha too funny! Sadly I dont participate because I'm lazy and dress down and never take my picture. Put me on what not to wear, id love a new wardrobe! LOL (ok im not that bad...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! You are adorable even in your edition of not what to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome...you crack me up!
    Is that green outfit velour?
    Cause if it is, that is awwwwful..
    No offense ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...