space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Life around town in the big LR

 We have such a blast in this here community. Ladera Ranch is the bomb, it really is. Raising children? This is where you want to be. It's been quite the backdrop to these here ages, and since I know we won't be here for too much longer, I thought a good old fashioned documentation of our daily activities was needed. This is what we do literally every day, or some form of it - most times that's awesome, other times I question why the hell I got the kids used to such a rigorous afternoon schedule. I mean, sometimes it would be nice to sit inside all day! But hey, I guess it's a good problem to have. :)
 ^^^My view! Carter leading the way on his bike and me pushing Kota in HER "Pooh" stroller - do not mess with the Winnie the Pooh stroller. You have been warned.
 Everything in this whole entire place is walking distance, but what's super awesome is that the library is right around the corner and is flanked by 100,000,000 parks and pools. When Chad and I got insanely crazy with the good ole' budget, I got myself a library pass for some free entertainment. I'll tell you what: the thousands of books we return home with every week sure is a nice, positive babysitter. Dagnabbit I'll even go as far to say it beats out the iPad - a true fete! (And one I feel about 1,000% less guilty about...)  
 ^^^Heel walking is a thing. A very time consuming thing.
 The library is filled with all kinds of awesome things for my babes to enjoy, especially the stairs that they're NEVER allowed to sit on UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! Haha! How hilarious is that sign??! Anyhoo, it's a blast there. There's even this young librarian who shoots me dirty looks when my kids speak! It's great!

No but really, it's pretty cool. Carter has a thing for Halloween themed books, he always seems to find them!
 ^^^Sounds weird, but this is so Ladera. Some beautifully drawn picture of Olaf on a square of concrete. Now that I'm looking at the actual picture, it really doesn't look as exquisite as it was in person, but I'm telling you! This place is full of nice things - the chalk creations are no exception. I don't know - it sounds weird, but this is just so Ladera.
 After the library we always head to a park, one of the many surrounding the less than 1 mile radius that we travel during the afternoons. Here Carter discovered a rock that Kota deemed as "Ariels!!!!," so she had to reenact her favorite mer-gal's singing scenes! It was seriously hilarious - I was laughing so hard I could hardly get a good picture! Hahaha
 Carter being chivalrous trying to help Kota down off the mini walls she walks on when we travel around town.
 I mean, look at this place! This is how it is around every corner - no exaggeration! It will be a sad day when we leave here, but what can ya do? I'd prefer to not blow our entire house buying budget on 750 square feet sooooooo you know. But sometimes I think it's just so nice, maybe I don't really care about spending life in 750 square feet? There are drugs in the air, I tell you! We love it and love watching our babes enjoy what Ladera has to offer. It's the land of young families, pretty views (of the house less than 3 feet away from your own) and just overall good times. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...