space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Friday, September 15, 2017

2nd grade and Kinder - what is happening in the world

They're both in elementary school - what is actually happening in the universe?!!!!!

This fact though, albeit mind blowing, is pretty dang awesome. Carter is enjoying how he is the authority on all things Susan B. Anthony Elementary in general, and Kota is just enjoying chasing the boys around the playground. Can you believe that?! I can't remember if I wrote about it up in here, but when Carter was in kinder, he was chased by a group of girls - it perturbed me to no end. I thought it was going to define the rest of his life - Carter being overly aware of girls chasing him (or something like that hahaha). I was so torn up about it! I even had a conference with his teacher over the matter bahahahaha. (Got to love first-child-over-sensitivity bahaha.)



BUT GUESS WHO'S LEADING THE BOY CHASIN' BRIGADE NOW?! Dakota!!!!!

So now I'm thinking that's just what girls think is fun? Bugging the boys? Who knows!!! Bahaha how about that?!

Anyway, that's just been one of the fun learning experiences from the last month while these two have been gone from me everyday. Kota is away for a whopping 4 hours and Carter goes all day - it's great, man! Gracie and I spend the mornings alone (where she takes a nap for half of our time together), then once Kota gets picked up it's just the girls and I for a few hours, then Carter joins the group, at which point Gracie goes down for another nap, so I get to hang out with the older 2 for a bit. Heaven!

On top of this already-awesome schedule of ours, we got into a carpool with a super fun family from the Kota's TK class at Crossroads - how dang cool is that? So every other day we switch off taking the kids. Talk about cool!





It did take me a bit of time to adjust to the whole "two kids getting ready everyday" thing. Coupled with the massive increase in our sports life for them (an activity 6 days a week - it's been insane), school was slightly overwhelming for a bit there! It forced me to get UBER ORGANIZED. We now pick out Carter and Kota's clothes for the ENTIRE week on Sunday evening. I place those outfits along with clean socks, shoes, toothbrushes and hair products in the play room's closet in these nifty organizational little shelf things. THEN! I made it super easy for the two of them to pack their own lunches. We recently redid our pantry, partly because I wanted the kiddos to be able to easily access snacks each morning to put into their lunch boxes. Lastly, I have the kids get as much homework done as possible either on the weekend or during the early part of the week. We keep it fun and light, so that way they don't loathe homework later in life, but on the inside I'm really pushing for them to get as much done as they can. It makes sports easier and also just an overall feeling of calm going through the week.

Those organizational efforts has really made a difference! I feel like Chad and I get to enjoy ourselves through the week, especially because so much effort is being put into their activities nowadays.



SO GREAT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...