space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Thursday, May 3, 2018

When you need an outlet other than spending thousands on your home


Well shoot, it costs a whole lotta dough to fulfill my "creative needs" at the moment, especially because those "needs" happen to be redoing every inch of our home! Bahaha - what an expensive "hobby" that is. Then I remembered that this here little space used to fill up any creative empty spots in my soul, so chap, here we are! The ol' blog is free and useful. FREE being the operative word in that there sentence! :D

Anyhoo!!!!!! What's been going on up in here?

- WE GOT SOME FURNITURE! Yes! It's happened. We can now SIT DOWN in ALL OF OUR ROOMS - woah. I know, try not to lose your mind over this fact. Oh wait, not every room. There's nothing in the dining room still :)

- Carter completed his first year of competitive hockey! He made the A team, something he was stoked about. I've got to say, he's the bomb. Next season he'll age out of the level he's at right now and will begin practicing as a squirt. From experienced parents I keep gathering that this is a very big deal - is it weird that I'm nervous about the whole thing????? I know he'll find his footing and be just fine but BAH!!!!

- Kota got asked to jump up to her gymnastic's pre-team - she loves it! I can't believe we drop off our little kindergartener at a sport for a total of 4 hours per week - it's mind blowing when I think about it like that. She's a fierce little beast though, so I know she can handle it!

- Gracie baby is just a happy little thing. Chad and I tried our hand at some at-home-bang-cutting to get her hair out of her eyes and let me TELL YOU, we won't be doing that again hahaha. She's giving off Frier Tuck vibes. It's actually very cute, but only because she's a 1 year old and anything on her is cute. Hahaha!

- I STARTED WORKING OUT ON A REGULAR BASIS!!!!! I was kind of in this weird funk for a couple weeks during the end of December/early January. I just kept thinking about how every single day was Groundhog Day-ish - everything was always the same, nothing crazy to look forward to, pity party this, pity party that. And then! Chad told me that his mom emailed him an idea for my 30th birthday. She had found this pilates retreat for me to go to in order to get out of the house, breathe in some fresh air and rejuvenate myself - she was right about me needing to get the heck out of the house and have a goal! I took her email as a sign from God as a way to kick my funky ways, so the very next day I called the local Orangetheory, signed up for a class, and then signed up for the unlimited package two days later!!!!! It was so cool! I JUST DID IT. I had this feeling that it was NEEDED, to hell with logistics! And let me tell you, it's BEEN AWESOME!


- Chad has just been being his usual bomb diggity self! I'm trying to think of what he's been up to... hmmm.... HE'S TURNING 30 IN LESS THAN TWO MONTHS!!!!! I'm so excited for his rad birthday party plans: a Downtown Disney pub crawl where we're all going as EIGHTIES THEMED Disney characters!!! I'M SO EXCITED! C3PO coming in hotttttttttt ova here!

Well sheesh, this was refreshing!!!! And like I said earlier, a FREE way to be creative for a bit bahahaha. Okay! Gots to go get Gracie up from her nap so we can go pick up Kota and her little buddy! It's Open House tonight!!! How is kindergarten and first grade almost over?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...