space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Everywhere

Alright, my mind is all over the place! One second I'm content, the next I'm bored. Deep cleaning the kitchen sounded nice but then sounded horrendous. Swiffering ran through my mind, but nah. Anyway, here are my thoughts:

1. Carter is on the stairs and he's supposed to be in bed, but tonight I'm just going to let it go. I'll just let him think I don't know he's there, playing with his cars and saying, "Boom! Crash!" It sounds cute, so hey! What can you do?

2. Speaking of bed times and the fact that Carter isn't actually in bed asleep, every once in awhile I'll think, So really, what is this whole "strict" thing all about, anyway? Why can't I just let them do whatever they want, like watch 19 Kids and Counting with me? Why do you actually have to enforce rules to raise model citizens? Can't we all just stay up until midnight together and eat s'mores? It would be fun and oh-so easy! Surely that would require much less will power and strength than "getting down to business!" But then I'll remember that I'm not hanging out with purse-sized chihuahuas, I'm raising my kids! Kids that need to know boundaries in order to learn respect, etc., etc., etc. Anyway, I'm not saying it's a bad thing to bend the rules every now and again because we've definitely done that (EXAMPLE: Chad watching the Avengers with Carter until 11:30 when I was down in San Diego for a few days), it's just one of those random let me question the universe and why I do what I do type things.

3. Speaking of me spending a few nights in San Diego, therefore placing Chad on two-child-daddy-duty for the longest stretch he's ever gone, here's a nice little fact: he let Carter go COMMANDO for almost 4 days! Yes! When I was reunited with my crew I saw that Chad was putting Carter's pajama pants on sans underwear so I asked, "Woah, what's going on here? Aren't you forgetting his underwear?" To which he answered, "Oh no, babe, it's totally fine, he doesn't need underwear." He doesn't NEED underwear! What the heck?! It was one of those unbelievable holy moly daddy has been alone with the kids for the past few days moments!

4. I started buying organic milk and I have to say, it's tasty. Like milk shake tasty. In fact, I'm going to go relieve Carter of those evil peanut-bearing candies he raked up last night with a big ole' glass of the good stuff. Until tomorrow (hopefully)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...