space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Friday, January 24, 2014

2014 - the busiest couple of weeks ever!

 Oh, how the days have been whizzing by! How can we only be a few weeks into the new year? It feels like time has been going by in the blink of an eye and has taken forever at the same time. There's been lots going on!

1. Stroller Strides had it's ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! I know, insane. 2013 was a great year - it marked me hitting personal goals (opening and owning my own business and, dare I say it?? - experiencing some success! Pretty stoked about the whole shebang!). It also unexpectedly became the best role model program type thing for my family - I can't even believe that the way Carter and Kota "play" is by seeing who can do the most step-ups on the stairs! Not that I'm trying to produce psycho fitness freak children, but hey! That's pretty cool!

2. Today is January 24th which means that yesterday was my 26TH BIRTHDAY!! I know, nuts! I love my twenties - they've been filled with having a blast in college, marriage, babies, moving from one home to another (and another and another), REAL faith, friends, watching friends experience aforementioned awesomeness and just an overall amazing time! I've always thought of 26 as being a legit year, I have no idea why, and I can say with all confidence that I feel exactly how former Nicole envisioned it! So woohoo to that!
^We went to the LA Zoo a few days after Christmas and Carter was in love with Santa's reindeer!
3. I observed at Carter's preschool class yesterday on the big BDAY! Truly, it was the best way to spend the morning. I canceled Stroller Strides that day because Thursday is my slowest morning and I figured doing that once for personal reasons was darn OKAY - right?? Anyway, it was such a treat! To watch my big dude interact with his AWESOME teacher and all the other kids was so wonderful. I gathered that the dude is a super awesome hand-raiser, especially when he wants to tell the group about the shot the doctor gave him for his 4 year checkup, he has made a connection and LOVES to play with/gets along with ALL the kids in class! I swear - every single one! And he's just a darn great, happy, outgoing, non-shy big dude! He's the best! 

The giraffe family of 4 that Kota was in love with :)
^This was a telescope to see the monkeys closer with, but Carter immediately jumped up on it and YELLED, "Hey Mom! Check out this pewer (pewer = gun that goes "pew-pew, pew-pew")!! I'm going to pew all these MONKEYS!!!" Hahahaha
^Hey look, people! It's me pushing a stroller without workout gear on! It's a miracle!

4. I've become re-obsessed with checking out Zillow. I just can't wait for us to kick this year's butt in the name of house buying for 2015! Now that I wrote that out I'm probably jinxing myself, but you know what? It's always on my mind, that darn house buying! I can't wait!

5. Chad has become interested in nutrition and I really am reveling in it. The guy has been kicking bad foods to the curb and seriously feeling great. I'm so proud of him! Again, this is another thing I probably shouldn't have written out due to cosmic universe jinxing powers, but it has to be said that the dude is a machine when he puts his mind to it! Proud wife, proud wife!

6. Okay I just remembered: we visited the zoo the day after we watched that documentary Black Fish - I was having a heart attack the whole time I was there! All of a sudden, every animal seemed like it was going to kill it's trainer because he/she was stuck behind bars!!! I felt really bad for the tiger, just pacing around there looking for her next meal in the form of whichever human was responsible for her non-wild habitat! Hahaha I'm glad I remembered feeling that way - Black Fish for the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...