space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Friday, November 22, 2013

Lemon cake, oh you lemon cake


 To celebrate this awesome rain storm we are experiencing and the fact that BOTH babes stayed upstairs for nap and quiet time for a whopping TWO AND A HALF HOURS (at the same time - WHAAAAAT?!), yesterday I decided to bake us all a cake. I thought, "Hey, that would be cute! Just the three of us baking away in our cozy sweaters and flannels! How picturesque!" So out came the amazing baking cook book Chad and I got as a wedding present and we got to mixing.

Since we had the ingredients, we did a lemon thing. It looked and sounded great so that's what we decided upon. Carter was a being a mini version of his mother - a minor control weirdo about how things were to be done (ie. "NO NO NO, careful guys, we don't want to lose one speck of flour on the counter, now do we?") - and Kota was just hoping to view the action in some way, shape or form, we were off to a good start.

After some adorable picture taking, ole' Lemony was thrust into the somewhat faulty oven and we carried on with our lives!
 ^^Mmmmm.

Welp, our cake tasted like the scum of the earth. I mean, really bad. Not one salvageable crumb. It was so bad, I instantly called Chad and told him what a horrible job we had made of making a cake from scratch. Seriously, OMG. No bueno up in here. I've had a few bad baking experiences on my hands (once in college I forgot to turn on the oven, and then during our first birthday celebration at Stroller Strides I burnt the muffins - well, scorched them), but this was a whole new level. 

Anyway, the point of this post is there is no point, just a fun time with my bambinos. They are everything. It was pretty cute whenever I finally threw the thing away in lieu of a few Oreos Carter said, "But Mom, I thought you were a good cooker!" Well son, I'm not, but you sure are the best for saying things like that.

Anyhoo, that's what we did yesterday. And I have to add that I was monumentally perturbed that during the process I used the LAST of the flour, FOUR out of the last FIVE eggs and DRAINED the butter supply. What the heck, BAD TASTING CAKE? You killed us! 
 And then while Lemony was baking (smoldering into an inedible form), we played around in between me making pasta. This picture was so funny because Carter made me take it over and over again and each time had to "SEEEEEEE" it. So darn cute!

Hi Kota! Doing some "WORK" over there??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...