space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Major update time

Wow, it has been a LONG time since I have explored these parts! I have to say, I missed my daily routine of checking out everyone's lives while my little guys sleeps! Hopefully never again will there come such a huge gap between updates!

Anyway, here is what we have been up to in the Cisneros household:

1) I caught a major cold. And I mean major. I don't think I've ever been hit this hard with a cold so quickly. One day I was fine, the next day I was an a crustacean on the couch. There was literally no moving me. Thank goodness Chad was home to take care of business, otherwise, we would have been lost.

2) My birthday recently passed! Chad surprised me with a one night trip to Vegas, just the two of us :) We left around 10:30 Saturday morning and returned on Sunday, my big twenty-third, around 2:30. Chad had planned a delicious sushi dinner (the restaurant was located in the Mirage, where we stayed), and then we saw O by Cirque du Soleil. It was absolutely amazing and HUGE! After the inevitably awful trek back from Vegas, the little man was waiting for us at the Paplia's abode, where we enjoyed a fabulous Italian dinner complete with wine and birthday cake. It was an awesome couple of days, and I love my husband for being the planner that he is!

3) A few of the fabulous presents I got for my birthday were two cook books from Mama Paplia. So far Giada (Chad's imaginary girlfriend), has done me well! Somehow, through the fog of this ridiculous cold, I have managed to make a few notable favorites: chicken tetrazzinni, and last night, Italian breaded pork chops. These pork chops were out-of-control delicious. Have you ever heard of spritzing your pork chops with lemon juice? I sure as heck hadn't, and to be honest that made me a little weary of this new recipe, but they literally are the best pork chops I've ever had to date. We recently watched Julie and Julia and it's taking all my control not to apply Julie's method to Giada! Seriously, just amazing.

4) Carter is a full-on walker now! No more wall treading for my little guy! It's full speed ahead for him and it's never been more adorable just to watch him meander around the room! He holds my hand (which melts my heart), and we take on the hallway, bedrooms and kitchen together! It's so fun, I can not get enough of this age! Again, it's just amazing :)

5) I made Martha Stewarts Lemon Meringue cupcakes and they are fabulous. In the same baking session I made banana nut bread, but we won't crack that out of it's aluminum shell until next Thursday, because the longer you wait, the better it is (we found this out by packaging a few banana nut breads during Christmas for hostess presents, and when we couldn't make it to one of the family get togethers last minute, we decided we might as well eat the bread. Oh. My. Gosh. It was heavenly! So now waiting a week is our plan from here on out when it comes to the banana nut bread)! In order to get us through the week wait for our bread, I had to make some sort of dessert to get us by. We are healthy, eh?

Those are a few updates. It feels good to get them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...