space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Extreme childcare and red lips, a few of life's larger achievements this week

This week the kids and I have conquered beasts. Slayed dragons. Climbed Mt. Everest. Successfully completed 20 marathons back-to-back. Went for IT. CONQUERED!

Okay, so we watched my sisters children. All THREE of them. ME - ME AND MY TWO BABES WATCHED THREE OF THEIR COUSINS AGES 5, 4, 2, 1 and 2.5 MONTHS!! It surely is something that will go down in history as the day where the woman Cisneros walked around the streets of Ladera Ranch with 4 children strategically placed upon her double BOB stroller and a practical new born was worn upon her body. It truly was a magical few hours where people were reminded that yes, yes it is possible to achieve tasks once thought impossible. Anyway, it had been in the back of my mind to ask my poor sister laden down by so many children under the age of 5 if she would like me to watch her babes (after repeatedly saying, "Hey G! Anytime you want me to watch any of them, let me know!" which really means, "Hey I'm offering, but that thought sort of scares the shit out of me."), but I just couldn't figure out a decent way to do it. Should I take all three? WOAH. Should I take the two older ones? Would that defeat the point of giving her a break? Then I decided to just go for it and give her some time off. I texted her on Monday and said I would be over there the next day at promptly at 2:00 to pick up those babes and we wouldn't see her again until 4:00. On Tuesday, right around 1:45, I was wondering what the hell I had been thinking. I was legitimately nervous! Anyhoo, we spent 1 hour at the park right next to us then 1.5 hours at the park a little farther away, all achieved through walking. WALKING! I'm sure we were a sight to be seen. But it went great and I'm glad we did it, gosh darnit! When I dropped them off, good ole' Gina treated me to a cappuccino latte? One of those things with the foam on top. Delicious treats from a rested, newly-pedicured woman!

Another massive accomplishment from the week involved lipstick. Lip STAIN if we're going to get technical. YOU GUYS. The only time I have ever successfully worn lipstick was onstage during dance competitions and one other time I'd like to forget about (teeth. Teeth and red were involved). Anyway, I went out for a girls' dinner the other night with a few ladies from high school, and this one chick was there I didn't know with the cutest, CUTEST red lip. Anyway, after trying not to stare, I dug out the information that she works for Sephora so that's where the lip stain was from (I concluded). Off I went to good ole' Seph and found out it was only $13 - total win! Oddly nervous, I told Chad that I was going to do a red lip challenge for a week just to get used to wearing some gosh darn color. The next day I came home from Stroller Strides, took a shower, applied more make up around the eyes than was actually needed (my logic was to counter the shock of the lip?), and SWIPED. I was a red-lipped woman the whole rest of the day. Now I never actually left the house, per se, but it was still a major accomplishment. I was again weirdly nervous for Chad to get home from work. When he did I struck some dramatic pose and then the night went on as usual. Now here's the thing: I don't know what was up with this wild thing called "Real Red" from the Seph, but it gave me more energy. It really did! I was so even-tempered while giving the kids a bath I wondered what sort of drug had been leaked into our apartment through the overly-used air vents. I also kept casually walking into any bathroom that was near me to take another look at myself. Oh and did I mention that Monday is laundry day? So I was rocking these old running shorts and a wife beater with my red lips and dark eye makeup... Soooo yeah. But even with that, it felt awesome! After such success, I didn't really feel the need to walk around the house with the redness the rest of the week - confidence be found! Woohoo to that!
^^^Not of the picture of the red lip goddess day, but rather a "Carter come take a picture with mom... Oh okay, that heart you're holding up is fine too," type photo.


In the playing-around-with of these pictures, I had envisioned a way deep, this-is-the-meaning-of-life post, but hey! Extreme adventures in childcare and red lip stains are just as appropriate! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...