space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Friday, May 20, 2011

As we go on...

Does anyone remember that Vitamin C song?! "As we go on, we remember, all the times we, had together!" Well, it's stuck in my head because I'm reminiscing upon all of my previous graduations, none of which hold as much weight as what is coming up: CSUF graduation! 

Anyway, that Vitamin C song came out right before my sixth grade graduation, where all of us pre-teens hugged and cried and acted like we were losing our phalanges as we left each other to take on middle school. To say the least, it was a bit dramatic, but ever so hilarious looking back upon! My eighth grade graduation was cute because we all felt so sophisticated in our knee length skirts and straightened hair, but for the life of me I can't remember what the heck we did the day of in celebration. Lastly, high school graduation was of course a riot, even though I felt like I was about to lose my mind due to exhaustion around 4:30 am at Grad Night. So, it's great to say that all graduations are in fact a great excuse for families to gather, people to act like fools, and for the graduates to sing that Vitamin C song at the top of their lungs.

What have I done in preparation for this coming graduation so far? Well, here's how far I've gotten:

*Last night I rhinestoned my cap with one of my best lady friends, Whitney! It was so much fun, and was actually quite stressful! I mean, how do you sum up your entire college experience on a cap?! It's madness! But it looks great :)

*Since we're having our families over for a little celebratory get together on Sunday, I decided to cut a few corners and just hire a maid for tomorrow to clean up after us messy Cisneros's. That's right, you heard me. I'm hiring a maid. I've decided to throw in the towel when it comes to cleaning the baseboards, toilets, tops of fans, blinds, the grime on the top of the stove, etc., etc., etc. It's just gotten to be a little bit too much for me to handle in one weekend, so I'm taking the easy way out. I'm justifying it by telling myself that "peace of mind is priceless, so don't feel bad, damnit!" 

*I still might need to get myself a new grad dress, as the one I'm planning on wearing might come up a little bit too high in the ol' front area. There's nothing worse than having a perfectly cute dress and having it show with your cap and gown on! Horrendous! So I'll be trying that on in the next couple of minutes to decide. Wish me luck!

Anyway, there have been other things that I have prepared for, but nothing's coming to mind, and I need to now call the Maid Brigade. Believe me, I'll be taking pictures of my immaculately clean dwelling as soon as my maid has done the job! 

Woohooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...