space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Monday, May 2, 2011

At the beach (and overdressed...)

Since yesterday was one of the most beautiful days of the year thus far, we decided to take a trip down to Laguna Beach. It was purely an impulsive decision, made as we were driving home from Target, so needless to say we were ill-prepared at best. I was wearing closed-toed shoes, so Chad said it wouldn't be too much trouble for us to stop by the ol' apartment for me to put on some sandals before heading down, which I should have taken advantage of and changed into a full on bathing suit. 

So, there we were, fully dressed from head to toe, navigating our way through the insanely beautiful beach at the Montage. Everyone else on the beach was dressed appropriately in close to nothing, and we were sweating. Oh yes, and did I mention that we forgot sun screen? In the end, we only stayed perched on our towel for about 45 minutes, while I tried to shade Carter with my body. We probably looked like a mess, but it was nice to see the ocean!

There's my man (notice the shadow of myself?)!

Ah, the beach!

My munchkin :) He was only interested in eating Chex Mix while taking refuge in the shade provided by yours truly.

Carter tried to make a run for it!

I think it goes without saying that beach-going with a little one takes a lot more preparation than a quick sandal change :) Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...