space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Monday, December 13, 2010

Happily Disconnected

This last weekend the little man and I packed up on Friday afternoon and headed out to the desert to spend some quality time with the Cisneros family. Chad had to work both Saturday and Sunday (bummer) and he had a monstrous amount of school work to complete before finals really set in, so in the spirit of giving him some time alone we spent two nights in Palm Springs at the time share! The Cisneros's have been spending a week every December out there for the past 20 years, so it was quite special that now the third generation (Carter!) gets to experience P-Springs like his Dad did when he was a little one :)

When I hit the windmills, Maggie (my sister-in-law) texted me saying I should come by the new toffee shop before I settled in with Grandpa C. So I hopped off the free way at Bob Hope and made my merry way to the old Coco's that Brandini Toffee now calls home. (Brandini Toffee was started by Chad's niece when her and her friend were trying to pay their way to Italy for a class trip. I believe they were 14 or 15 at the time, so the fact that the company has blown up into what it is today is just amazing. They are now sophomores in college!). After getting blown away at how large their operation has become in the past few years, I put poor Carter back in the car and headed to our weekend hideaway.

There everyone got their Carter fix, and I got to exercise and read which is quite a luxury! All in all, it was a great weekend where I was happily disconnected from my laptop (even though I did miss blogging). Now it's time to get our tree decorated and enjoy ourselves :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...