space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Friday, December 31, 2010

LA Zoo baby!

Let me tell you a little something about my upbringing: for some odd reason, I always had the impression that crossing over the county lines from Orange County to LA was comparable to taking a leap into the abyss of the underworld. Weird, I know. To that I'd like to say "thanks, parents of Orange County, for scaring the heck out of us children by telling us that we will be 'shot up on the block' if we step foot into the 'gangland.'" Haha my point is, there are lots of fabulous places to visit in the County of Angels! When I was pregnant, Chad and I took a little trip up to the tar pits, which was interesting. Step two in our quest to discover our neighbors to the North was to take the little man on a trip to the LA Zoo! We had such a great time! We taught Carter how to make sounds like a monkey, showed him how NOT to behave in public (many a-brat throwing many a-fit), and we got good cardio workouts from all those hills. Here are a few of the best:





After our little safari, we took off to quite possibly the world's BEST hamburger hut, TOMMY'S! All you creatures of tradition, this place has been around for about 65 years or something crazy like that, and I'm obsessed. It's this big cheesey, chili-filled, mountain of delicious goodness. You can get out and eat it standing up on their bar type eating stations, or, like us, you can eat it in your car. Everytime I go there, I'm NEVER disappointed. LA would not be complete without a trip to good old Tommy's!


That's Chadly displaying the loot!

So, all and all, the week Chad had off work was filled with adventures, holiday fun, and LOTS of relaxing. The TV we put into our room has served us well, as I am typing in bed as we speak and it's 11:30 am with The View on pause (a mom's got to take it where she can get it!). I hope everyone's holidays were just fabulous, and have a WONDERFUL and SAFE New Years Eve! Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...