space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It has caught up with me..

Being tired is a funny thing.
Sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down, and there's no telling which way the pendulum will swing on any given day. 
Right now I'm not sleepy, I'm TIRED.
Tired of this ridiculous Big Boy bed.
Tired of this ridiculous Supernanny technique.
Tired of not taking a nap when my kids are sleeping {my body refuses to}.
Tired, tired, tired, tired, tired.

And you know what sort of sucks?
My family totally knows when I'm trying to fake being "not tired."
Isn't that the worst when someone just has to utter the simple words of "are you okay?" and then tears start pouring down your face? It totally is a bummer!
Apparently my poker face doesn't exist.
Or my mom is just being a mom and knows me well.

Anyway, even though I'm exhausted, I'm lucky to have people who understand me so easily {read: a husband who comes home after a long day of work and school and gives me a back massage because he can hear me trying to control the knot of hysteria on the phone}.
It's good to let people know what's going on with those darn emotions, even though you don't want to.

I just need to get my energy back, and luckily, that's easily done.
A morning or two of sleeping in will suffice, so I need not fret.
{But I'm so tired that fretting is not on my to do list, anyway. It's like I literally can't fret because I don't have the energy to do so.}

Okay, this post sounds super duper depressing.
I assure you, the majority of my time is not spent dwelling upon exhaustion.
I am just literally in the throes of getting my toddler down for bed, which is actually quite a physically demanding thing to do, and I decided I needed a break, so I sat down to write this post.
So no need to call the authorities, I am, in fact, totally fine and loving life.

Actually, speaking of getting that two-year-old down for bed, I haven't heard a peep from the kiddo's room the whole time I've been sitting here.

SUCCESS.
{Thanks, Supernanny! I'm a total believer.}


3 comments:

  1. Love that picture of you two!!! Glad you squeezed in a post - but get some sleep and some down time!!! Take care of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The exhaustion right after having a little one is the hardest to deal with... that and all the emotions. You'll get through it and all of a sudden you will feel like a new women that just came out of the fog. Sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sure relate. My husband and I have been sleep deprived going on our 7th year and 3 kids later. Our youngest just turned 2 and learned the art of climbing out of her bed. She now roams the dark house while we are trying to sleep. Comes back and body slams us when we are trying to get her to lay down. We are so tired. Hope you get your rest as your routine calms down.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...