space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Friday, May 25, 2012

Brown and blue: did this really happen?

Y'all, I think we did it. IT. Created the impossible. The snazziest. The coolest. The rarest.
I think we got ourselves a brown haired, BLUE eyed baby girl!
Seriously, beyond awesome. 

Okay, so here's some background:
Chad has always talked about how brown hair, blue eyed mixes are his favorite of all time. The combination of the two just blows his mind! So much so that there were a few times there where I would give him a little whack and say something along the lines of, "Alright man, we all know how much you just LOVE the whole brown hair, blue eye action! We got it, I say!" 
But when it comes to the whole gene pool thing, the odds are slightly against us. Well, the bro-in-law has blue eyes, and I have two uncles who were blessed in the orb department, but with my hazels and Chadly's whole half Mexicano thing, we just didn't see that happening.

Anyway, day 1 of Kota's life, Chad was holding her in the hospital when he looked at me with crazy intensity and said, "OH MY GOSH, BABE, did we just have a brown hair, blue eyed baby?!" 
To which I just laughed and said, "Oh, mi amore, all babies have blue-ish eyes, remember Carter?"
"Oh yeah, that's right." 

But listen here: even though you really can't tell in that there picture, we only have a mere 30-ish days until she hits the six month mark and that's when it will be set in stone! Baby girl's eyes are still blue, with a super thick, light ring around her pupils! I can't believe it! Anyway, by writing this out I'm probably jinxing the whole thing, but holy moly! It must be documented.

Anyway, we shall see, but I will tell you this much: I'm pretty positive there's no humanly way Chad will be able to do anything but give in to every whim of a precious beyond precious brown hair, blue eyed little missy!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...