space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Friday, January 22, 2016

The cold season bound to take us down!

This year's cold and flu season is out to get us! Never have we ever been sick for so many weeks. I'm soooooooo tired of the germiness. It seemed like during the entire month of November and into early December, a minimum of one human in the house was sick. We were out of school, it seemed, at least one day per week! The whole ordeal was made even worse by the fact that if either Carter or Kota stayed home on a Thursday, I would have to duck out of my once-per-week volunteer time in Carter's classroom. I swear, it made me feel like I was missing school myself! Like my parents were going to catch me ditching class or something! "Nicole Cisneros, please report to the attendance office to discuss your truancy." The ditching-paranoia was real!

Now that we're into January, we're all sick AGAIN! 

It started with Carter's eye puffing up a little bit, leading us to believe he had pink eye. I emailed his teacher immediately to warn her of our possible germ-spreading ways, then we headed to the doctors first thing the next morning. Turns out it was a sinus infection that got into his eye, so that was good news? Not being pink eye? Still crappy though because the doctor said to keep him out for the rest of the week because the bacteria involved with the infection could lead to pink eye for other kids - more school missed by us Cisneros's! Then I bit the dust... as Wednesday rolled on, the world's WORST cold returned full force! There was ZERO breathing for me, but I wanted to try to beat the damn thing holistically instead of running out for medication (that didn't work in November). So every two hours I took a tablespoon shot of apple cider vinegar, chased it with honey, boiled ginger for ginger water (good thing my taste buds were out of commission - I've heard it tastes horrid!), and steeped enough tea to support all of the UK for a month. Next, poor Kota went to sleep last night crying like the dickens - a tell tale sign she would wake up in a world of cold-pain - and with the same symptoms Carter had with his infected eye (I also woke up with the same darn eye infection!!!!!! Grrrrrrrraaaaaahhhhhh!!!!). So now Carter, Kota and I are doing the prescribed eye drops every 4 hours. Oh yeah, and Carter's ONE eye infection turned into a TWO eye infection yesterday morning. REALLY?!

COME ON COLD AND SINUS INFECTIONS! LEAVE US ALONE!!!!
I went into "what the heck is going on with these weak immune systems of ours?" mode and decided that more prevention needed to be implemented. I'm going to get more on top of clean diets for the 4 of us. There has to be some solution to this craziness! Fruits and veggies need to be increased up in here. I think I'm going to try to get the kids to enjoy a nice cup of tea laced with honey and lemon in the mornings? Anything to fight germs on a regular basis! I legitimately do not want to miss any more school for the rest of the year. This is not okay!
But anyhoo, tomorrow is my birthday! I've been very intense with the back-to-wellness journey in the midst of these horrible colds because I want us all to feel freakin' great for the weekend. WE'RE GOING TO FEEL GOOD AND HAVE SOME GOSH DARN FUN OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS, OKAAAAAAAAAAY, UNIVERSE?!" This morning I bleached the whole darn house, cleaned the couches and rug and swiffered the floors, all in an attempt to rid us of germs, so let's hope that will pay off. Pleeeeeeeeease let it pay off!!!! 28 shall not start off in frustration!!!!!!!!!!!

__

But hey, aren't those pictures cute? They're from this last week. Bubble baths, ice hockey and roller. At least we haven't had to miss any sports! We love them so much!

4 comments:

  1. Girl I could've written this! I was afraid my doc office would investigate me for munchausens due to how often the kids have been sick! Kellan and Ryleigh recovered from the nastiest stomach virus just to catch really bad respiratory colds the following day. When does it end?! Seriously considering homeschooling to avoid germ contact! Haha ����
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I almost commented on your picture from today of your sick babies! Why is this cold season something straight out of Hell Raiser??? It's so funny that you say that about munchausens (hahaha) I was legitimately worried that Carter's school was going to question us! I was trying to casually explain that we are normal people and usually aren't a sick family - they were like okayyyy lady. Bahaha! Hoping you guys recover sooner rather than later! Ughhhhh

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday. Sounds like it was pink eye. I don't know why but doctors don't like to call it that. I hope you all feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've heard that before about doctors not wanting to call it pink eye - so strange! Thankfully the antibiotics seem to be kicking in quickly :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...