Cheers to birthdays!
I'm 24 today, folks, and that means I'm officially in my mid-twenties!
It's going to be a fabulous year, I can just feel it in my bones!
And since it's my birthday, I went a little cray cray in the coffee department, so my mind is everywhere...
Enjoy my musings!
1. I have taken my beauty movement to the next level: I purchased those strip things that are supposed to unearth the most stubborn of hermit-like, pore dwellers which can result in...dare I even say it??...those wonderful things known to many as blackheads. yuckyuckyuckyuckyuckyuckyuckyuckyuckyuck. So I tried a strip the other night, and heyo! It worked! But it was a disgusting experience...disgusting, I say...but now I want to do a strip mask all over my face to see what else appears. Yeah...that's sick, but I really want to do it.
2. Carter has been jumping out of his crib like a professional poll vaulter. Thus, my worst parenting fear has been realized, but guess what?? I actually witnessed said jumping and he does it so smoothly! He's a professional escapee! I think there may be a little bit of track and field in that boys future!...Or jail breaking! Yeah!
3. How come when it rains in Southern California, the weather guy always says, "Don't worry, folks! We will be seeing blue skies and 80 degree weather within the next 48 hours!" It's like, Hey man, I'm not worried. In fact, I don't want 80 degree weather because we have it all damn year. How about you just tell us to enjoy the weather because that's exactly what I'm going to do...like a normal Southern Californian. Weirdo.
4. Binkys = lifesavers. Thanks, Grandma Paplia!
5. We literally named our daughter Dakota specifically to call her Kota. It's like a business in the front, party in the back sort of thing. Ya dig? And we are trail blazers. Yes, I think so.
6. Today, my blessed birthday, marks Chinese New Year, and guess what? It's the year of the dragon. Yeah, that's right, a straight up dragon. Proof that 24 is going to be a beast-like year. How depressing would that be if it was the year of the rat?? Or, like, a water buffalo?? Dragon = awesome = my 24th year. Woo!
Anyway, yay for BIRTHDAY MONDAY'S and Kota loving her binky and Carter not injuring himself on the long jump down from his crib!