space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Friday, March 25, 2011

A'cleanin' and a'cleanin'

So today, as I was making Carter a grilled cheese sandwich, I took a good, hard look at the filthy cabinets in our kitchen. There were water stains, long-ago dried ice-tea stains, dirt, grime, everything! It was absolutely disgusting, and I can not believe it took me so long to notice. So after Carter ate his sandwich like a good boy, I pulled out the old cleaning products and got to scrubbin.' Shortly after I began, my trusty friend Whitney called so we chatted as I cleaned, and before I knew it, my cabinets were a-gleamin.' Then I got to thinking: how many other random surfaces are in this apartment that I have never thought to clean? There are baseboards, tops of fans, tops of blinds, window sills, bathroom trash bins (I don't know about you, but I discovered today that I should be washing those every so often!), and the list goes on and on.

My question is: who thinks of these things to clean on a weekly basis?! It's insanity! How on Earth do people keep immaculately clean houses? Unless your kids have major dust allergies, what sort of person would even remember to clean all of it? What if you have a guest room in your house? When the heck would you make time to clean that room? What if that room had a ceiling fan in it? Are you going to clean it regularly?! That would never even occur to me because chances are, I wouldn't be spending much time in a guest room to begin with!

What about people who still have popcorn ceilings? Are there cobwebs that form in between those weird peaks? When, and more importantly, how, would you clean that?! I started on my blinds today, and after two swipes, I gave up because it was too difficult to hold them all still! That in itself will take me one full nap session! Anyway, I'm scared for the day we upgrade to a home with (dare I say?), more than two bedrooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...