space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Monday, March 28, 2011

Upholstering, baby!

Okay, so I'm not the most creative person when it comes to around-the-house projects, but I have to say that I am pretty darn proud of my recent upholstery project. Almost a year ago Chad and I bought this fabulous kitchen table with four hideously upholstered chairs along with it. In order to take care of the God-awful print that was originally on the chairs, we used my mother-in-laws nice, expensive, beige-ish cloth she had used for her couches. Although I loved the richness of the fabric, it was time for a splash of color and a fun print! (Yes, I watch HGTV religiously, therefore I am well-versed in the proper terminology of fabric description!) So, here's what they looked like before:

See them way back there? I never got a full-on picture of just the chairs, so here is the best shot I can find!

Well, here they are now:
I wanted something with a distinct, red pattern to match my red wall! I love them!

Here's the set all together (try to ignore the messy table top!). What would make me super happy would be to refinish the wood to a more espresso-like tone, but I need to have the space to take on such a large project! Anyway, the reason I love the set so much is because when you pull the table apart to open the leaf up, there's this intricate iron design which allows for the table to slide apart easily. Upon watching shows like Pawn Stars (another obsession of mine!), I gathered that this type of construction is at least 100 years old. How about that? Buy a table off Craigslist for $40, and bring home a masterpiece!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...