space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oh, those Duggars

One of my favorite parts of Carter's naps is the one hour I allot myself to catch up on any DVR recordings not fancied by Chad. One of these shows just so happens to be 19 Kids and Counting. It's one of those shows I always forget about until I see it pop up as the most recent recording. Anyway, whenever I tell Chad about my random love for this show, he always gives me a funky look and I can see the words don't get any ideas run through his head. Even though the premise of having 19 kids is absolutely outlandish to me, a mom really can learn a thing or two from Mama Duggar. She is like a gold mine of parenting tips! My favorite of them all:

"I tell my kids to look at me in the eye whenever I'm speaking to them because if I don't have their eyes, I don't have their hearts." 

How about that, eh? It makes perfect sense, and as my little guy gets older, and we eventually add more munchkins to the Cisneros clan, I plan to implement that sentiment as best as I can. Another genius parenting law she follows: repetition, repetition, repetition. If one of her kids says something rude or inappropriate, she has them say the correct statement ten times. The kids always feel quite silly while doing this and get a kick out of it, but it works! Mama Duggar knows what's going on.  

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...