space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lent!

So it's that time of year once again: Lent! We Catholics are supposed to give up something we are semi-dependent upon for forty days and forty nights. For many years in a row I was giving up Diet Coke, but as my tastes have changed in the last few years, things have gotten interesting.

For example, in 2009 I made the horrendous decision to give up chocolate. Why was this horrendous? Two reasons: a) it's Girl Scout cookie season during Lent, and b) I was PREGGO! What was I thinking?? I was tortured every. single. day. The night before Easter I literally stayed up all the way until 12:00 am to ravenously consume a humongous chocolate pinwheel Chad bought me and half a box of Thin Mints! It was insane! Anyway, Lent circa 2010 must not have been too exciting/miserable because I can't even remember what I gave up.

This year, however, I have gotten creative! I decided to give up the TV when Carter is awake. The only time I'm allowed to turn on the old tube is during his naps and bedtime. I really don't watch too much TV while he's awake anyway, but I figured putting this restriction on myself would really set me straight. Oh my gosh, let me tell you, it has been harder than I thought. I think just having the option to turn it on makes the day go by faster. Thursday was one of the longest days I've ever experienced. I found myself counting down the minutes until nap time. Bedtime seemed incredibly far off once he woke up from his nap. It was insane! Hopefully it will get easier! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...