space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Projects I want done in 2015 follow up

So I wrote this post at the end of December, and I'm happy to say that almost all of the issues have been semi-addressed. I'd like to think of every room in the house as being 75% finished, with the exception being our master bedroom, but hey! The progress we've made has been awesome considering we've been here for exactly 6 months as of 5 days ago. Well, we closed 6 months and 5 days ago, so technically exactly 6 months ago today we were going psycho trying to redo the kitchen. 4 days from today will be our 6 month anniversary of actually moving in, ya dig? Confusing, eh?!

Anyhoo, here are a few things we've done! (Absolutely zero editing goes on around here, so pictures be horrendous.)

1. We've moved the long entryway dresser thing into our room to get rid of the horrendous armoire that used to be where we kept our clothes. Now the entryway boasts absolutely NOTHING and it's AWESOME. It's so much better to look at a blank space rather than a piece of furniture you're not too sure you like. We'll be making the entryway pretty, but with a table and probably a mirror that we love. As of right now, hockey town lives up in herre.
ORIGINAL:
 NOW:

2. We figured out a better place for the computer! It's still in our room but is way more functional sitting atop the long ole' dresser we have in here now.... The dresser that still needs to be redone.
ORIGINAL:
NOW:

3. THANK GOODNESS we got rid of this beast. It was such a space hog and let's be real- this chick is not some furniture restoreth goddess. I will be redoing only ONE piece of furniture, and it's going to be the long dresser.
ORIGINAL (that's now in the garage waiting to be picked up by a Craigslist buyer or Goodwill):

4. We took our the light and bright rug in the family room...
ORIGINAL:
NOW:

5. We still haven't reupholstered the green, dragon-fly Craigslist buy yet, but it's such durable fabric that I obviously don't love, making it ideal for kiddo snack time. We'll do this eventually.

6. (continuing from 4) ...and swapped it out with what we had originally wanted to be a dining room! We took the couch and rug from the family room and put it in the dining room, which took care of the awkwardness of that room.
ORIGINAL:
NOW:

7. Man, looking at thAT weirdo circley freako "design" I had going here strikes fear into my soul. Who reinforced this idea? Someone should have told me, "Nicole, this is one of those things that shouldn't be happening. Especially right before you host your first Thanksgiving." We are much happier with what's up there now.
ORIGINAL:
 NOW:

8. Here is another situation in which keeping a space empty is 1,000x's better than placing something there you don't love. Surprise, surprise, my Pinterest project was never finished, probably for the better.
ORIGINAL:
NOW:

9. Okay, we're not getting a piano, but if we did it would be awesome. There are just a few things on the list that comes before a nice, up-against-the-wall music maker... a dog, the rest of the house's decor, a legit fence.... you know. Things.

10. You know, I'm super happy about my two mounted animal heads. This was, for my track record's sake, very feared. I knew, KNEW, I was going to botch these, especially considering one was a RHINO'S HEAD! A rhino! Chad told me that if he was going to cave and get me the coveted deer head then he got to pick a rhino to go up somewhere. Anyway, I like Brutus the deer and Sven the rhino! They look down on us with care in their eyes, I know it.

11. We still haven't come to a solution regarding the window valances. Oh well. Maybe later in the year, although I don't think we'll get there just yet.

12. Our master bedroom is going to be happening in a few weekends. I'm not sure when but it will. I think Chad and I are both feelin' a trip down to the depot for a few cans of paint, picking up the metal bed frame I got online and redoing the long dresser. It will happen. As of right now... our mattress is on the floor and the walls are still spackle-splattered. That's okay though, we still love it :)

See! Every room has a few needs, but it all feels so much better than before. Ahh, the home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...