space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Saturday, April 16, 2011

A good old fashion date night

Last night was one of those rare occurrences which left me wondering how on God's green Earth I just so happened to be so lucky. Surely I am the only person in the world who's mother-in-law pushes for us to drop our little bundle of joy off at her place to spend the night for some quality time, which in turn freed us up to experience a long lost tradition in young child rearin' years: a date night! I'm sorry to say, but it's almost as rare as witnessing Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster. Well, maybe not that rare, but it's nearly as exciting! Here was how the night went :)

As soon as we handed over our perfect little man to Grandma Cisneros, Chad and I were left wondering what we were going to do in order to fill the many hours ahead of us free of responsibility. Should we go to Disneyland? Should we just do dinner and a movie? Should we fly to Germany and give luging a shot? The possibilities were endless! We finally settled on calling my sister and asking her to meet us for a little bit of bowling fun (at first I was against the whole bowling idea, because how on Earth was I going to wear heals with my outfit and look good in bowling shoes? I was nearly discouraged). However discontented I felt, I decided to suck it up and humor Chadly because he has been dying to bowl lately (he is one of those "I need to do something competitive at all times" type of guys. My ideal date night of dinner and a movie was wearing thin on him).

So, before meeting my sister and brother-in-law, we (and by "we" I mean just the two of us. Ying and Yang. It was a realm almost forgotten about by good old me) headed out for a few drinks and appetizers at J.T. Schmidt in Tustin. It was so much fun! I wish I had taken a picture of the sassy martini I was drinking, but sadly I did not take out the camera once the entire night. I guess I was having too much fun :)

After the little shindig by ourselves, we met with our date night counterparts, and off we went to the bowling alley! This bowling alley was literally, in the words of my sister, a nightclub with balls. The music was insanely loud, there was Vegas-style lounge and bar, and the cocktail waitresses were dressed in these skimpy little outfits! It was crazy! Anyway, my brother-in-law killed all of us, throwing strike after strike. I somehow beat Chad, and Gina was right in front of me. It was a good night of bowling and I'm glad I decided not to turn up my nose to the junior high style date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...