space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My 2 week present!

So, I've started what I hope to be a long-lived tradition: my 2 week present! It's exactly how it sounds. Every other week, I heave-ho over to the bank to deposit my fabulous check from Purebarre, at which point I withdrawal $20 out and put it in my trusty clutch. Only $20! I take this modest amount and buy whatever I want with it. Did you hear that? 

What. Ever. I. Want. 

Something that does not benefit the family as a whole, something that is completely illogical, something that is fluffy and fun and fabulous! Two weeks ago I bought myself a nice statement ring for $7 from Target along with a necklace on clearance for $3.50. It was the most thrifty Target shopping experience I have ever had. 

The reason for this? I refuse to let myself slink back into the slump I was in a few months ago when I was forced to go on the world's largest shopping spree due to a major deficiency in my closet. It's completely unnecessary to spend huge sums of money at one time, when you could just slowly build your wardrobe/accessory collection over time. If I want a nice shirt that costs $40, I'll save my original 20 buckollas and add it to next paycheck's "present fund." Oh, yeah, did I mention that this is also somewhat of an experiment in self control?

Next purchase?
Well . . . maybe not these babies, but you get the idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...