space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Monday, December 5, 2011

Holiday weekends

Dagnabbit, there's nothing better than feeling festive over a weekend.
The hot cocoa is present, the peppermint bark is well at work adding some extra poundage, and the tot is just downright adorable.
I think that everyone should have kids just to experience what it's like to go through a holiday season with them.
Okay, well maybe not everyone. And maybe that's not a good enough reason to start spawning, but you know what I mean.
It's just darn fun, my friend, darn fun.

{this is one of those completely disjointed posts because none of these pictures will have anything to do with it. I'm just still in the honeymoon phase with our new toy, so bear with me.}

Anyway, this weekend was jam packed, so naturally, as midday Friday approached, I started to feel a bit anxious. 
Why the anxiety, you ask?
Well, anytime babysitting is involved in my life it's like the hairs on the back of my neck prick up like a creepy cat, which is ridiculous because either my family or the in-laws are basically the only people who babysit for us!
I just get weird about inconveniencing any one of the them, since there has yet to be a situation where they have said no to me, which is sweet, but it makes me feel bad for some reason!
I'm a weirdo. End of story.

Anyway, the babysitting was needed because Chad had work and I HAD to get my hair done. 
{It was one of those root-emergencies. All you blondes know what I'm talking about. Eeeeeek.}
So while I was getting pampered, Chad picked up the Little Man from my parent's house, while I ski-daddled down to Purebarre's holiday party, where I had a ball, and was gifted some ADORB leg warmers! 
Woohoo!

{So this one isn't too far-fetched, but I told you.}

So after that jam-packness, Sunday morning rolled around and it was out the door we went for a FAMILY PHOTOSHOOT! Woooohooooo!
I think few things on this earth makes me more excited! They're just so darn important!
Anyway, my maternity shoot was mixed in there, along with Carter's two-year-old pictures, which was awesome, since getting ready for those occasions take YEARS. Lots of planning goes into such extravaganzas. 
Ay yi yi.

And now for the holiday fun: we ended our fabulous photo session with an impromptu trip to the Mission Viejo mall where Carter sat on Santa's lap.
So.Much.Easier.To.Take.Pictures.With.Santa.BEFORE.December.23rd.
We were in, we were out.
easy-peasy.

{Okay, okay, enough with this random madness!}

So it was a fun beyond fun weekend, and I'm exhausted.

{and really quickly, in honor of this outrageously disjointed post}
I can't believe at the end of this week I will be 36 WEEKS ALONG!
Holy moly!
How did that happen so fast!
I was talking with my mom about how quickly it has gone by, and in light of such fact, we have set a Target/Baby's-R-Us date to pick up a few things for Babe #2 this week!
Woohooo!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL weekend, and don't forget to link up your Small Business genius-ness tomorrow!

linking up here:

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE posts that are a bunch of randomness! Yay for getting your hair did & family photo's! It sounds like ya'll had a super busy weekend! =D

    Awe baby #2 will be here before you know it! Oh I think the pictures you took are cute, even if they don't go with the blog post! ;)

    Happy monday
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see the photos with Santa, and I agree, much better to do them earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see your professional photos! The Mister, pup and I are about due for some ourselves... but I keep mistakenly thinking I can tackle the task with a tri-pod. : P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...