space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Saturday, October 22, 2011

My baby's book.

When I was pregnant with Carter, I had a bajillion baby showers and I loved every one of them.
When it came time to celebrate his little tiny existence with my sorority ladies, my best friend had it on lock.
Seriously, girlfriend knows what she's doing when it comes to party planning.
One of the genius ideas she came up with was
instead of the guests bringing cards full of happy wishes, they instead would inscribe their loving message inside the cover of a baby book, all of which would be presents for Carter when he made his grand appearance.
I know, right?
Genius.



Well we read those books every single day.
As time has gone on, we have become more advanced in our reading selection, and have packed away the "elementary" books for Babe #2 to enjoy {....and 3?.......maybe 4?}.
And guess what? 
I've become outrageously attached to them.

One in particular lay claim to my heart strings, and it makes me sentimental just thinking about the fact that Carter will soon outgrow even this one someday.
It's
Love You Forever.

The first time I read it to Carter, I could barely get through it.
I wanted to bawl my eyes out because of it's sweet message.
Carter had even lost interest because up until that point it was the longest book we had ever sat down to conquer, so he just began rolling around on the floor while I read aloud, knot in my throat and all.
I am genuinely attached to this book.
{It means bonding, quiet time, learning, patience, love.}



Then one day I was tying up loose ends around the house while my Babe was playing with his cars, and all of a sudden I heard a rip.
Uh-Oh.
Mommy's Carter's book had been ripped!
By Carter himself!
I don't know what came over me, but I was mad at him for about 2.5 seconds.
Irrationally, but legitimately.
I wanted to say something along the lines of,
"Carter! You have to respect your belongings! You can not just go and rip your books! This page will never be the same!"
{Even though I knew there was no way his baby mind would process that information the way I would have intended it to.}
And, I'm not even joking, with tear's in my eyes I went to go tape the massive rip back together.
Tears!

So I think it's safe to say that
LOVE YOU FOREVER
has earned a spot amongst the Baby's-Outfit-Home-From-the-Hospital clique, and even deserves a spot on the shelf next to the I-will-never-throw-this-binky-away-because-it-was-the-one-you-loved-so-much.


I'll love you forever, 
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.


{See?! Tear-worthy!}

Please tell me I'm not the only one with disproportional attachment anxiety??
Unless I am, then that's okay....


Linking up here for this fabulousness!
Photobucket


One more thing....?
Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory
you.are.amazing.




8 comments:

  1. I love that book! I used to read it all the time when I was little! And that is such a cute idea to do at a baby shower! :)


    livelaughandlovinglife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do not have that book but it sounds like I need to go right now and get it!

    I cry every time I pack up out grown clothes :( (just packed up 12month stuff and it is tough)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom used to read that book to my brother and I when we were little, and I still have the copy, which I read to my three girls. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I had completely forgotten about "Love You Forever"! My mom used to read it for my brother and I when we were young- it was one of my favorites. Your girlfriend is a pure genius to think of writing on the inside of books, I might have to snag that idea (and give her credit for it!)!

    Faison
    aboutfais.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can so relate! I'm incredibly attached to my childrens baby books. and if anyone gives them as gifts i make them write on the inside of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that book, my mom would always read it to me when i was younger. stopping by from the followers fest, i'd love for you to visit my blog and check out the huge giveaway going on- http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html xoxo, nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that book is SO wonderful! I need to find out if my daughter-in-law has it. I'd love to know my two little grandsons are hearing it read to them.

    I love your blog, and your beautiful way with words! Hope you'll stop by and say hello. :)

    Cindy @ Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...