space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chumbo.

Aside from all the fabulousness Small Business Month has shown me,
I really miss writing about my family.

So I decided to share this recipe because my husband is the one who made it.
Now, he's one of those let's-throw-everything-in-the-fridge-in-a-pot type of cooks, and somehow it always comes out ridiculously wonderful. So here is his most recent genius creations, one that will surely be etched into the fabric of our family for a good while.
{as in, forever}

It's one of those rainy days, football season, stewish goodnesses I can't really explain, but you know what I mean.
Right?
Anyway, hence the name, Chumbo.
It's chili and jumbo combined.
Doesn't that just sound happy?


Okay, so here goes:
{Please forgive the lack of professionalism here, we're not big recipe people}

3 seasoned boneless chicken breasts, halved
1 package of smoked sausage
1 large onion
1 green bell pepper
jalapenos to your liking
canned beans {to your liking?....See what I mean?}
one 12 oz Oktoberfest beer
2 cloves of garlic
bacon bits
1 can of stewed tomatoes
Worcestershire sauce
flour
butter

Saute chopped onion, garlic, chopped bell pepper and jalapenos. brown chicken, 2 minutes per side, do the same with chopped sausage, then in the same pan add flour and butter in equal parts to form a rue. Add vegetables to rue, let cook on medium heat. Add Worcestershire sauce {however much you see fit}, beans, tomatoes while stirring constantly. Bring to boil for about 6 minutes. Add chicken and sausage, simmer for an hour or 2....or 3....or 4.

Yeah....That's how I wrote it down on our iPad after I consumed that deliciousness.
You want to know what I said to Chad in order to prompt the recipe out of him?
{He was trying to be secretive and mysterious}
"Okay babe, this sounds really crazy, but you really need to tell me that recipe just in case you die."
I said that!
For real!
And I was being serious!
{!!!!!!!}
He just looked at me sort of crazy like, and after a good chuckle from the two of us, he gave in and spilled the beans. It was great.

Sorry for the lack-o-picture.
I guess you're just going to have to settle with this preciousness.
<3

my family = my everything.
Another update coming soon of what we've actually been doing during the month of October!
But in the mean time, how awesome was SBM?
{Yeah, I love it.}


linking up to this little lady!



And these ladies:
Photobucket


And could you vote for me?
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!
Thank.You.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the recipe and I will gladly settle for that preciousness. LOVE the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little boy is sooooooooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, that's the perfect "get the secret out line." I know exactly how I'm going to use it. It has to do with Christmas. And where he hides the gifts. Not talking about the husband either, it's that guy who still thinks fur trim is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures, thanks for sharing! Stopping by from followers fest, already a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I found your blog through the Follower Fest going on at Casey's. I'm now a follower of your blog too. Those pictures are adorable!! He's sooo cute!!

    Digger ~xoxo~
    www.digdeeperdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post - I love talking about my kiddos as well :)
    Newest follower from the Fest!!!
    Courtney
    www.lilnoodlebug.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! Hilarious about you wanting to get the recipe. I am a new follower from follower fest

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from Followers Fest!! Love your blog!! I'm now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "he spilled the beans" get it...hahaha okay, that was lame. i am over from the follow fest and am a new follower, glad to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg my hubbys gonna flip out over this recipe!! :) love your sweet blog here!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Newest follower from the follower fest! This sounds fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. found you through follower fest, super cute blog!

    xx
    alyssa
    http://wereaucourant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...