space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Inevitable Small Business Challenges {link up challenge #2}

Welcome to 
LINK UP CHALLENGE #2
of SMALL BUSINESS MONTH!
{If you're a new reader, HERE is what all the commotion is all about!}


In owning a small business, it is inevitable that you are going to come across a few bumps in the road.
GOING TO being the operative words there.
There's just no way around it.
But guess what?
When Small Business Owner A gets together with Small Business Owner B, and spills about her particular small business challenges, Small Business Owner A can save Small Business Owner B a heap of headaches, and since Small Business Owner A scratched Small Business Owner B's back, Small Business Owner B may have a few tricks up her sleeve for Small Business Owner A in the future.
So you see?
There's no need to suffer through some challenges when you have people to network with who can tell you how to AVOID those challenges.
{Either way though, you're going to run into a few problems}

Today's prompt is this:
tell about one challenge you've come across since you decided to start selling your merchandise, whether it be through an online retailer {Etsy}, during craft shows, or just from friend-to-friend. Could it be book keeping? Balancing the family? Creative block? Marketing challenges?




I have two fairly typical challenges that I'm facing at the moment:

1. Figuring out how to work SMARTER AND NOT HARDER {thanks, Ashley from The Shine Project!}. This is really difficult! What is the best way to ship my products? What should I charge people for shipping, because I'm pretty positive it's more than $2, including what you purchased in packaging. So mainly my problem has to do with figuring out the SMARTER way to handle FINANCES.

2. Time. So here's how it goes: as soon as Carter goes down for his nap, I'm bangin' out the business stuff, but two hours is just not enough! So what does that mean? It means I'm working on things at night, which would be fine, except that that was when my man and I would hang and be fools together. Chad is rooting for me, so it's all good, but I miss our time together! What to do, what to do?


Does anyone have any suggestions for me when it comes to figuring out the finances and time management? {not that I can foresee any great resolve in the time management sector, considering there's no way Carter would allow me to just cozy up to my sewing machine while he is tearing through the house.}

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!

Here are the rules:


1. You MUST sport the Small Business Month button
{as made beautiful by her}


2. You MUST check out at least three different partiers, because really, the bottom line is, we are here to NETWORK and PROMOTE like ANIMALS!


3. If you have any words of wisdom for any partiers, help a sister out and come forth with that advice! Again, we are here to support, network, promote, and to downright celebrate the awesomeness that is small business ownership!



Woohooo!


Grab a button and link up!



Three's{4}Me







6 comments:

  1. I don't know if this would work for you...but, I get up early. Super early. By 5 at the latest. This gives me two hours to work on my blog and shop stuff. I then get another 2 hours in the afternoon during nap time. Sometimes I work for 1 hour at night, but I don't like to miss out on time with my husband either.


    Best,
    Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting such a great party:) This is such a great challenge and I look forward to networking with everyone who links up. I am your latest follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower and love your focus on the small businesses this month! It's truly great to gain advice from others that maybe have "been there, dealt with that" longer than some of us! And nice to know we aren't the only ones struggling in certain ways! :) Thank you!

    ♥ A Mom Without Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh :D

    my blog♥mfashionfreak

    Please follow me if you're not already. I'd love to get more followers! I'll follow you back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a student a blogger, a mother, wife and also trying to start an etsy business. What I mainly have a hard time finding time for is school, So I get up when my husband goes to work at 4:30 by the time my kids are needing to get up and get ready for school I have had 3 hours of work already then at nap time I get another hour or two. And when my husband is in class I get to work then also! HOpe this helps!

    Follow me at mysuresavings.com Hoping I can get my post up today before it closes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm sorry that I missed the link up! I may still do a post anyway at some point!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...