space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Friday, October 21, 2011

Instafriday!

You know what's great about INSTAFRIDAY?
Nowadays when I'm asked, "so what did you guys do this last week?"
I can't remember!
SERIOUSLY!
PREGNANCY BRAIN TO THE MAX OVER HERE.

life rearranged

So I'm very grateful for this theme, because it gives me a chance to just sit back and soak in the cuteness.
Ahh, love.

So here is what we were up to:
{The pumpkin patch!}

Oh, man. Is there anything better than taking your toddler to the pumpkin patch?
I don't think so.
Our little man was so darn excited, it makes me semi-tear up just thinking about it.
So precious.

{My little trickster baby!}

So I was bad.
I went to McDonald's and got us a few hamburgers because I was exhausted and we had nothing in the fridge, but at least I made it LOOK home made by serving it on a plate! 
{Eh? Eh?}
Anyway, Carter was barely eating his hamburger which I had torn up into bite size pieces, so I was doing what I usually do in such case, which is to ignore the lack of consumption and to conquer the dishes, at which point he usually realizes that I'm not paying attention to his mischievous behavior, so he chows down.
Make sense?
Anyway, this day was different. He asked if I could unscrew the lid to his sippy cup {his cousin Tessa's, actually, hence the pink and purple}, so I thought, "Hey, maybe he'll eat after I do it. It's empty anyway, so juice won't go a-spillin'." 
Welp, he stuffed all of his hamburger chunks into his cup while I was meandering through the kitchen and then said,
"ALL DONE!"
What a little devil!
He wasn't done!
He hadn't touched one bite!
But his plate had been cleared and the top was screwed back on the sippy cup!
I couldn't believe it!
Has Carter turned the corner into Dennis the Menace land?
I just started laughing and sent that picture to Chad.
Hilarious.

{YUCK}

THAT was conquered.
ALLELUIA, ALLELUIA, ALLELUIA!
{I know I already talked about it, but man, it deserves another mention, that's for darn sure.}



{Bergstroms!}

SO.MUCH.FUN
Oh my gosh, stroller shopping is so gosh darn amazing, it could be likened to Disneyland.
No joke.

But here's a funny story about that precious baby-land called Bergstroms:
It's where Chad and I experienced our first legitimate fight.
As in we were actually arguing our counter point of views with a considerable amount of conviction.
What was this argument about, you ask?
BABY BEDDING.
Yep, you heard me, BABY BEDDING!
We were going for each other's jugulars. 

I was set on this pattern which contained MANLY leopard print {which, contrary to popular belief, is NOT an oxymoron}, and Chad REFUSED to place his newborn son down to sleep in such a feminine design.

NO! IT'S NOT FEMININE! LOOK AT THE 
MANLY COLORS!

NICOLE! LOOK AT THAT! IT'S FEMININE! I DO NOT WANT OUR SON LYING IN A FEMININE BED! NOW TAKE A LOOK AT THIS ONE....IT'S JUNGLE THEMED LIKE YOU WANT, BUT IT DOES NOT CONTAIN LEOPARD PRINT!

NO! THAT ONE IS MONOTONE AND HIDEOUS! YUCK! IT'S ALL JUST SHADES OF BROWN MIXED TOGETHER! THAT'S GOT TO BE BAD FOR HIS EYES, OR SOMETHING!

Those were the words that were coming out of our mouths.
I remember the sales clerks awkwardly shifting from side to side because of the extreme amount of awkwardness. We left with me almost in tears and Chad feeling bad.
{But not bad enough to buy the leopard printed MANLY bedding....}

{My baby's book}

The book I thought a little bit too much about this week.
But you know what?
Who can blame me?
Have you ever read this thing? 
Tears.
That's all I have to say.

So there you have it! 
A week of wonderfulness!

And once again, I will be linking up with her today:
life rearranged

And here:
friday favorite things | finding joy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And guess who we will be hearing from on MONDAY for SBM's HEAVY-HITTER SERIES?
Yep, that's right!
We will be ending our incredibly enjoyable Heavy-Hitter Series with a bang, and I couldn't be more excited!
{Tears}


And could you vote for me, pretty please?

Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory
LOVE.


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, everytime my daughter and I go to the library, I look for that book (but they never have it)! It use to be my favorite, growing up. I've finally decided it's going to be one of her Christmas gifts this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that book! I need to get it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cracked up about Carter stuffing his burger into the cup!! Oh man, I can see my little guy trying to pull something like that off. He used to stuff his food under his legs in the high chair. haha! and yes, always followed by "all done!"

    ♥HH

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! thanks for visiting today!! so glad you did. and glad to see you are an oc gal too! we are going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow and i CANT WAIT. love that tradition with my little guys. you are adorable, btw. awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to say, I also LOVE pumpkin patches and kids! So cute! Fall is awesome!

    Carla @ Whole Child Creative Curriculum

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...