space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Saturday, November 26, 2011

preparing for BABY: part 1

Babe #2 will be joining us in a mere SIX weeks, and LET ME TELL YOU,
the nesting is in full swing around these parts!
 {the first baby girl onesie I have ever purchased!}

My most recent act of nesting was pretty darn significant in the whole let's-bring-another-baby-home arena:
I UNPACKED CARTER'S LITTLE, ITSY-BITSY BABY CLOTHES AND SEPARATED THEM INTO "BOY PRECIOUSNESS" AND "UNISEX PRECIOUSNESS!"
Ahhhhhhh! I have made the leap!

 {0-3 months! So very teensy-weensy!}

Anyway, it was actually quite a difficult thing to do! It took me a whopping 45 minutes to get through the first 7 outfits because I just wanted to sit there and gape at how absolutely minute they were in size! How had Carter fit into these?
{I even tried to place a little hoodie on his head, like a psycho, and the bottom of the coat barely reached his shoulders!}
HE IS A FULL-GROWN, BEAST, MAN-CHILD NOW!
{okay, no, but you know what I mean}

 {and look at these!}

 {how could I possibly cut this wardrobe in half if this next baby is a girl?}

Is it socially acceptable to dress your baby girl as a boy?
Does that choo-choo qualify that little knitted preciousness as a boy's-only outfit?
I don't think I care.
I think I'm just going to have to stock up on the bows and headbands so that way people will know she's a girl {if that's what he/she is}, and dress her in Carter's old clothes!

{this was one of my favorite outfits}

Seriously.
I think that's what I'm going to have to do: from the neck up she'll be a girl, but from the shoulders down she'll be a boy.
{Has anyone called social services on me yet??}
My friend Jenna said I can't dress my baby girl in any sort of football clothing, but I don't know, man, I just don't know if I can pack these things away!

It REALLY just makes me want another boy!
sheesh!

But anyway, here are some other things I have been able to check off the BABY TO-DO LIST:

- completely reorganize our once-horrendous hallway closet, alleluia, alleluia, alleluia -

- scoured the atrociousness that was once Carter's "baba cabinet" -

- thoroughly cleaned our blinds with my mama - 

- picked a LEGITIMATE camera to document the arrival of this little one -
{canon rebel T2i....woohoo!}

- chosen a proper lulu wrap, perfect for multitasking -

So yay for nesting, and cheers to making one more step towards BABY-PREPAREDNESS!


linking up here:
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Awww sounds like so much fun! I love the choo choo outfit, soooo cute! I'm looking at buying a canon rebel too! Cyber Monday amazon is supposed to have them half off! Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! i went through all of our baby stuff to weed out the keepers after being worn by all three, and the giveaways... and then my husband combined them all and donated them. ummmmmm...? i guess new stuff for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok little girl stuff is adorable, but my god, there's nothing like a little boy dressed as a mini version of your husband...I love all the little plaid shirt button ups. Our next one better be a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeek! everything is adorable! and totally okay to dress your little girl as a boy :) who says girls can't wear blue or play football?!?!

    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww... how adorable! Congratulations on the little one on the way... soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three cheers for nesting! It looks like you've got a great start on everything!

    All those little clothes are so tiny and sweet! I'd totally put my baby girl in them; it's empowering...and precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shew, I still have all of my Little Man's things packed away. Every time I drag them out it makes me want another baby. I totally think it's acceptable to dress your girlie in footballs LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with the boy clothes too!! So cute and I can't wait to see which sex you end up with!

    www.theabsurdbird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! SO cute! Baby girl clothes are equally as adorable so I am sure no matter what your little one is, it will have the CUTEST clothes! And think, if a girl, all the more reason to go for a #3 (then your blog title would have a completely different meaning) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going through the same thing!!! I would TOTALLY dress my little bebe girlie in Aiden's old clothes! They were soooo cute... and besides, I wear boys clothes sometimes too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...