space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Saturday, July 9, 2011

'Atta boy!

Here's a sad story: the minute I found out that I was pregnant with Babe #2 I completely fell off the fruits and veggies bandwagon. I know, it's really terrible....I started to feed Carter three meals of whatever the heck was easiest at the moment, and since he has had an aversion to both food groups since birth, I just thought I would take a break from the two of them. Yeah, I'm pretty mad at myself....

But today was the day I decided to get back in the saddle! I heard that my friend Lauren had been giving her son veggie shakes and he actually liked them, so that's the direction I went in.
{Sidenote: what on earth would moms do without other moms? I mean, I would have never thought of that smoothie idea on my own, so thank goodness she decided to post it on facebook! The support we receive from each other is priceless. Okay, enough mushiness!}
Anyway, here's Carter drinking his banana-carrot-apple juice-yogurt concoction:


Now I haven't seen this kid eat vegetables like that ever. And I really mean ever. I think he consumed more veggies through that straw than he has in the last year of his life {that's an exaggeration.......ahem......}

And that's after I nearly puked from giving it a try. As in I literally gagged. I kept thinking how hilarious it would have been if I had lost it right there in the kitchen and then continued to ask Carter to "give it a shot, son!"

Oh yeah, and did I mention that he asked for an apple a few hours later?


I just couldn't believe it. Needless to say, we have found our new daily routine.
Woohooo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...