space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Sunday, July 17, 2011

'Twas the best of times!

One of my favorite movies of all time is Pride and Prejudice, the Keira Knightley version, baby! It's just so gosh darn good! Mr. Darcy is quite easy on the eyes, once you understand why he has that lame look on his face all the time, and who wouldn't want that crazy, tumultuous, multi-month-long love/hate relationship Lizzy and that tortured soul had going on? {Well, except for the hate part, and the being unsure about how the other person feels part, and......well.......okay, it sounds pretty bad, but, man, is it awesome!}


Anyway, it got me thinking about the way we modern folks talk to one another. We are just so lame with our jargon! {Did you catch that awesome jargon? Jargon?!}. It's like we are on a race to the bottom of our cultural potential, as if we strive to say things like, "hey, that guy/girl is hot" so that way we are labeled as cool and unattached and hip. 

But today I take a stand! Right after I get up from this swivelly chair I have become such great friends with, I'm going to stride into the living room with confidence and say:

"You know what, Chad? There is just something pleasant about your mouth when you speak!"

 - or, or! -

"Chad, you have bewitched me body and soul!"

- or possibly! - 

"Chad, did you know that men are either eaten up with arrogance or stupidity?" to which he will respond, "Ho, ho! Take care my love, that savors strongly of bitterness!"
{That's one of my favorite lines of the entire movie, beside the "Are you rejecting me?" from good ole' Darcy}

It's going to be great. We are going to realize our vocal and intellectual potential, if only for today!
Woohooo! 

"Oh mother, shew! I don't want to marry!"


"My hands are cold!"


"Hi, I'm brooding."

Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...