space
Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket space Photobucket

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Goodness sakes!

Goodness sakes, I say! 
I'm on a Let's-Get-Serious kick! I don't know what's come over me! 
Don't worry, though. This one will be super short. 
Super.


I've been thinking about the word ambition for the last couple of days. Now, when I think of this word, various images come to mind of people climbing the corporate ladder, kicking-butt in a board room, and not resting until the job at hand is done. 
But what does it mean to be ambitious when you're main priority is to raise a healthy, happy family? I know the obvious answers:

"Well, your ambition is being focused on the day-to-day tasks of raising a well-rounded family, duh."
- or -
"Your ambition in life now is to send your kids off into the world on the right foot."
- or in the words of my husband - 
"Your ambition switches from the external (work environment, monetary gain, etc.) to the internal (achieving satisfaction and fulfillment through your family)."

The answers are endless. 
I guess I have no well thought out conclusion to this one, it's just an open ended thought.
What do you think?

Here is a list of my current ambitions:
*Raise a happy, healthy family
*Contribute any way I can to the growth of my family (in every aspect)

------------------------------------------------------------------
There are obviously way more than just two ambitions I have in life, but those ones seem to paraphrase them all as of right now.

I'm linking up again today! Woohooo for Casey!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...